There’s nothing like a fresh blowout! However, all those salon blowouts can really add up. We are going to show you how to get a professional quality blowout at home to save that $$$$$. You just need a great professional grade hair dryer, a few killer styling products and an understanding of both your hair type and your hair goals.
First let’s make sure we have the right tools to get started.
Round Brush (for hair mid-neck and shorter use a small brush, for longer hair use a larger round brush—size does matter in this case!)
Mary has medium/coarse hair with natural wave and got a volume blowout. Sectioning is key to getting a smooth blowout.
Get Mary’s Look
- Wash hair with COLORX Shampoo. Use our 2 Minute Masque in place of conditioner for extra hydration.
- Towel dry hair very well.
- Carve out natural part.
- For added lift, apply Volumizing Mousse to the roots and comb through ends.
- Add a dime-size amount of Anti-Frizz Serum to palms and apply from mid-shaft to ends for 72-hour frizz control.
- Pull hair out into a mohawk at the top of head and clip away (this also helps achieve a natural part with volume).
- Carve out sections from ear forward on each side. The width of the brush should be the guide for the amount of hair you take out for each section.
- Wrap hair around the brush and rotate completely away from face. Use a round brush and place in at the hairline. Wrap hair around the brush and rotate completely away from face.
- Turn on your dryer with the nozzle of your dryer directing air flow against the grain of the hair. This will give an “ironing action” to help eliminate frizz.
- For the most volume, direct the brush up toward the ceiling following with the nozzle. Always follow the brush with the nozzle of your dryer.
- Take sections the same width of your brush. This will ensure quicker drying and a smoother result. Complete left and right sections. Continue to take sections as you work up the head.
- Once you reach the crown area, take down mohawk and work in horizontal sections. Direct all hair toward the face for ultimate volume.
- Finish with Brushable Hairspray for control without crunch. Mist a comb and glide on flyaways.
Natascha has long, fine and unruly hair and got a smooth blowout. Also remember to always follow the brush with the nozzle for the smoothest blowout. This will ensure quicker drying and a smoother result.
Get Natascha’s Look
- Wash hair with COLORX Shampoo and COLORX Conditioner.
- Towel dry hair very well.
- Side part hair.
- Apply Volumizing Mousse from roots to ends for heat protection and all over bounce.
- Cocktail Blow Dry Balm and our Anti-Frizz Serum in palms and apply on mids and ends for 72-Hour frizz protection and extra grit for smoothing.
- Gather a mohawk section and clip.
- Carve out sections from ear forward.
- On one side, take a section near the ear (the width of your brush should be the guide for each section), place the brush under the section of hair, rotate the brush completely away from the face.
- Turn on your dryer with the nozzle of your dryer directing airflow against the grain of the hair. This will give an “ironing action” to eliminate frizz. Make sure you direct the brush toward the floor following with the nozzle.
- Continue to work up to the mohawk section. Complete both left and right sections.
- Starting in the back, take sections as you work up the head.
- Once you reach the mohawk section, take horizontal sections on each side working from the crown forward directing sections back as you dry.
- Lock in style with Brushable Hairspray.
You can get a salon quality blowout of your dreams at home with the right tools and products. You can trust RUSK to provide you with a professional hair dryer that saves you time, with beautiful results.